Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Errol

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 3:47 am   

Things at beginning of trigs?

what is the thing that you put at the beginning of a trig that will make it so it will go off even though anything can be infront of it?

ie:
here 's trig
#TR {(%1)hp, (%2)mv} {get cher bag;wear cher}

but the prompt could have %$^% or anything like that in front of it... do I put anything in front of it to make it go off?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 4:42 am   

quote:

what is the thing that you put at the beginning of a trig that will make it so it will go off even though anything can be infront of it?

ie:
here 's trig
#TR {(%1)hp, (%2)mv} {get cher bag;wear cher}

but the prompt could have %$^% or anything like that in front of it... do I put anything in front of it to make it go off?

First, do not use %1...%99 within the trigger pattern. Instead use proper pattern-matching symbols like %d (matches any one-word combination of numbers only), %w (matches any one-word combination of letters only), %a (matches any one-word combination of letters and numbers only), or %x (matches any one-word combination of letters, numbers, and symbolic characters such as punctuation). There are several other operators, which you can learn about in the help file under Pattern Matching.

Based on your given trigger, I suspect the conversion from %1...%99 to %d and other proper pattern-matching expressions will solve all your problems, since your trigger is in no way anchored to the beginning or the ending of the line. If it is not so anchored, ZMud could care less whether there are things in front of or behind the pattern.

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: