Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
nannyite

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 2:03 am   

Zmud not caputring username & password

Hello,

Using Zmud 6.62 from my Windows XP machine, I connected to Nannymud, but Zmud didn't pick up the username and password, and I have to type them in each time. Even when I manually edited the character, and put the name and password in to the appropriate boxes under the "Character" tab (and the "Automatically use this character name and password" box is checked), it still doesn't use them and I have to manually type them in each time.

Any advice? Thanks.
JonDooger

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 3:06 am   

I am also using Zmud 6.62 on Windows XP, and have the same problem on a different mud(AvatarMUD).
I have tried creating a new character, but it still does not log in automatically for me.
Manually creating equivalent autolog triggers also results in failure.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 3:18 pm   

First, check to see if you have Autolog triggers (you probably don't). Select the character, then click the Offline button. Click the Triggers button. There should be a folder named Autolog. If not, you can go ahead and make one, it's a Class.

Inside the Autolog folder, there should be two triggers. If not, just go ahead and make them. Both triggers should have a space at the end of the pattern. The options are NOT the default choices.

Pattern:
What is your name:
Value:
#CH
Options:
Case Sensitive
Verbatim
Trigger on Trigger
Prompt

Pattern:
Password:
Value:
#PW
#T- Autolog

Options:
Case Sensitive
Verbatim
Trigger on Trigger
Prompt

Those should be the correct login questions for NannyMUD. However, if they've changed then update the patterns.

The same procedure will work for AvatarMUD, or any MUD which uses the basic two-question format, by simply changing the patterns to match the patterns of that MUD.

What is your character's name?
What is your password?

#CH provides the character's name and #PW provides the character's password. These are taken from the character's Edit screen. Select the character and press the Edit button. Select the Character tab. Fill in (or verify) the Name and Password fields. Make sure Automatically use this character name and password to log in is selected.

#T- Autolog is the command to disable the Autolog class once login is complete. You should only need those triggers once per session.

Some MUDs will ask other questions either before, after, or between those two. If that's the case, add additional triggers for the extra questions. Put the #T- Autolog command in the trigger for the last question.

LightBulb
Advanced Member
nannyite

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 4:03 am   

Hey, that worked! Thanks very much.

Gelephriel

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 2:58 am   

I'm having the same problem and I've followed your steps and I'm still having a problem. It appears that my triggers are actually working, but it always tells me that I've put in a wrong password. If I turn the triggers off and reconnect and manually type the password it works.

I have verified that the password is correct in the character edit screen and it is. I've gone as far as creating a new file and putting the same information in and it works. When I compare the two trigger settings, they're identical, as is the char edit screen.

This problem started happening when I upgraded FROM 6.40 to the latest version.

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. Just out of curiousity, I DID back up my settings during the install, how do I remove the new version and go back to using 6.40?
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 5:18 am   

If you get different results from apparently identical settings (two characters with the same triggers, name, and password), the only conclusion is that the first one must somehow be different.

You may have a corrupted settings file. Since you've already made a new character with working login triggers, I'd recommend you just import the rest of your settings from the old *.mud file. Once that's done, and you've tested to be sure the new character still works, you can delete the old character.

It's also possible that you have another trigger or alias (such as atconnect) which is sending something during the login process.

I don't know how you go back to 6.40. I've never attempted a downgrade. Have a look at your backup directory and see what's in it.

LightBulb
Advanced Member
Jenesis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:42 am   

I just Downloaded Zmud's v 6.22, and I followed the directions. But I'm having a couple problems;
When it asks for the username, it spams the name. And when I quit and try to go into the folder to see what went wrong, the folder isn't there, even though I saved it all.
Anything you can do to help?
Jenesis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:43 am   

I forgot to add don't have a previous version to import from, sorry about that ^_^;;
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:47 am   

I'm assuming you mean that zMUD is sending your character-name to the MUD more than once. If it's sending it twice, you probably have both Newline and Prompt selected on the Options tab. Uncheck Newline.

As for the folder (the Autolog folder?), if it isn't there you didn't save it. I'm not saying you didn't click the SAVE button, just that it wasn't actually saved.

Actually, you shouldn't ever need to make an Autolog folder, it's an INHERITED setting. (Make sure you have Show Class Panel and Show Inherited selected on the Settings Editor's View Menu and Classes selected on the Show menu.) The only reason you'd need to make it is if you deleted it from default.mud, and if you've been messing with default.mud without knowing what you're doing, you'll probably need to reinstall zMUD. I've never changed anything in default.mud and don't expect I ever will.

LightBulb
Advanced Member
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: