Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
raziel23x

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 2:33 am   

triggers

when my loging trigger fires it fires 3 times instead of once i have my loging trigger ti auto relevel for my imm on a mud i play on and it also fires 3 times with my reg ones
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 5:41 am   

quote:
when my loging trigger fires it fires 3 times instead of once i have my loging trigger ti auto relevel for my imm on a mud i play on and it also fires 3 times with my reg ones

Please don't assume that we speak gibberish. Use English and spell your words out completely or use common abbreviations only. Use complete sentences and punctuation. Before posting, CHECK FOR TYPOS. After posting, CHECK AGAIN. I found the highlighted section totally incomprehensible.

Please don't assume that we are psychics who can figure out if there's something wrong with your trigger without actually seeing it.

If your trigger fires three times, you have three lines with matching patterns. It's also possible that you have three triggers that all match the same line.

LightBulb
Advanced Member
pcghost2k

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 7:36 am   

> If your trigger fires three times,
> you have three lines with matching patterns.

and what of seemingly *phantom* entries in the TRIGGER area?

I went through some beta-testing to get this and that trigger to work (had to tinker with the TRIGGER OPTIONS)... and what I have wound up with is seemingly *phantom* TRIGGERs. no, I'm serious.

now if I take out the *visible* trigger altogether, then nothing happens. but, when I recreate it, when the text (prompt) comes on the screen, then it not only fires ONCE, but TWICE.

in a particular instance, I am prompted that my character is already on the game (dropped link):

trigger pattern: Do you wish to rejoin your physical form *
trigger value: y

well, the "y" (for YES) is sent not once, but twice to the game. once in the game, "y" is short for the CHANNEL name of "YELL"... so that automatically rejoins my body, and then turns YELL channel back on. I have created another trigger to issue "y" a third time to turn that back off once the trigger pattern is found that alerts me the YELL channel has been turned back on.

When I delete the *visible trigger altogether, no where in my list (yes, even listing HIDDEN in the VIEW menu) can I find that a single "y" is issued as a value.

my plan of action is exporting the whole set of scripting, and start putting stuff into their own *CLASSES*, and other streamlining, then deleting the enter *.mud file, and starting fresh. importing bits-n-pieces (as mass-importing the whole file has YET to work for me, I have to import text files with only one type of command, i.e.: #PATH, then another with #ALIAS, then another with #TRIGGER, etc.) until I get a *clean* MUDding environment.

*UPDATE*
P.S. THANK YOU, Kjata... you are correct, although I haven't tested the scenario out again, as I already implemented a work-around.
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 1:44 pm   

The reason why it sends "y" twice is most likely because the trigger is set to Trigger on Prompt and Trigger on Newline.

Kjata
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: