Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
UnderSeven
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 6:30 pm   

V 6.61 crashing

Since upgrading, zmud has been crashing often. It's already happened twice where as with previous versions, I don't recall ever experiencing instability.
UnderSeven
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 6:39 pm   

To add more information, this seems to always occur when I am typing input. Also I have had multiple mud windows opened each time. This is now crash number three.
globring

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 6:59 pm   

Occurs for me as well. Since the upgrade, I have had several crashes. I totally unlicensed, and uninstalled Zmud, and downloaded and installed the 6.61 version.

From that point on, I get multiple errors not being able to find the zconverter file, and as I posted earlier to a different thread, my autologins never work. Even brand new ones I create, still don't work next time I try to connect.

I'll just go back to a previous version in the meantime.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 7:30 pm   

Please tell me the *exact* error message you are getting when it crashes. What version of zMUD were you using before? What version of Windows are you using? Just saying "it crashes" doesn't give us any clue how to help you. We need to know what you were typing when it crashed.

If you are getting errors about not being able to find zConvert, make sure zConvert is in your zMUD directory and try running it once to get it registered on your system.

If using WinXP or Win2000, be sure you install and run zMUD the first time using the ADMIN account on your computer.

If you have the automapper window open, go to http://www.zuggsoft.com/data and be sure your MDAC/ADO files are up to date and that you have the latest service packs for your version of Windows.

UnderSeven
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 8:53 pm   

I'm using windows xp, there is only the administrator account avalible so that isn't the problem. After getting the lattest service packs the problem still percists. Zmud itself is not reporting an error, windows is saying zmud needs to shut down. Also it reports zmud suddenly not responding.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 11:07 am   

Is you Inet connection made through an ether net card? If it is, are you using the latest drivers for it or XP's default drivers? If your using XP's then plaese check for updates. XP has a proven track record of having shoddy default ethernet drivers.
UnderSeven
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 6:36 am   

I was using the previouisly newest zmud (I forget the number) But I uninstalled and reinstalled and that didn't work. I've also disabled my ethernet and tried using a dialup and it still crashed on me. Same as every time. Windows pops up a 'zmud has caused an error and must shut down' window and that's that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: