Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Malleus
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:15 pm   

MP3's in zMUD?

any chance zugg will make it possible to play mp3's in zmud, so we can listen to nice ambient music when we enter an area/a trigger goes off...

/ Malleus /
bruntilda
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 9:54 pm   

You can already do this with triggers, if you have the right sound drivers installed. Try something like:
#PLAY "sound.mp3"
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 1:26 am   

If doing it client-side, then you can do what bruntilda mentioned. If it is server-side, then it is more difficult since this requires the computer playing the music to have MCI drivers for MP3 files. The problem is not that zMUD has to include support for MP3's, since all it does is send the file to Window's MCI drivers to play it.

Kjata
virtuous
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 4:08 am   

This doesn't work, though. The game I play uses .mp3 files with MXP and it works in every MXP- and sound-compatible client on the market *except for* zMUD.
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 4:38 am   

Even if every other program in your computer plays MP3 files it doesn't mean zMUD will. zMUD just sends the file for Windows to handle, whether it is a .mid, .mp3, .mpg or .inexistentextension file.

Kjata
Wrudyn
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:17 am   

I'm not sure what the requirement is for the MCI drivers. You might try to install the latest version of Windows Media Player.
virtuous
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:31 am   

At the time of testing, both myself and my girlfriend were using the newest beta of zMUD and the newest beta of WMP. I guess Beta + Beta = Something's Been Changed Somewhere.
Wrudyn
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:03 am   

You could try this link: http://www.soniacoleman.com/Tutorials/PowerPoint/Multimedia.htm

Though I wouldn't recomend it unless you are comfortable editing your registery. It seems that Windows needs a file called mciqtz32.dll or mciqtz.drv
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: