Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
snakevil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 12:12 am   

About Auto Mapper %roomportal() function

I am a chinese and my english is too poor.
If the words i said isn't english, excuse me.
Thanks.

In zMUD 5.55, References Book give us several mapper functions.

roomportal
Syntax: %roomportal( room, s, [i], [z])
Return or set a non-standard exit (portal). Assign the room number i and zone number z to the non-standard exit string of s.

In the MUD which im playing in, there are a few non-standard exit such as SOUTHDOWN ENTER.
How to draw them out in the map ?

For example, there is a room A with exit NORTHUP, and you can type SOUTHDOWN back to A from room B which NORTHUP linked to.
I use "#make northup" to created a new room, and "#var abc %roomname(,B)" to set the new room name.
Then what should i do puzzled me!!
I try to use "#var abc %roomportal(,southdown,a)" to link back.But i found this would create a new link.

How to join them together?

shrug
cry
please help me
thanks very much

Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 1:34 am   

Creating the return exit is best done, in this case, by right-clicking on the room. Select properties, switch to the exit tab in the properties window. Find the correct exit, set its direction to other and fill in the other command field.

Which version of zMud are you actually using? While the proccess I described about will work with all versions since 5.x; there may be an easier way if you are using a newer version.

By the way, your English is probably better then mine, and English is my first language.
snakevil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 3:51 pm   

Perhaps 6.* is really better than 5.* , but all my friends used to v5.55 , and i should share my robots to them.
If i try the "export" command, i am afriad of that new commands and functions will down the zMUD. Even then, the comments must be lost.

* sigh

What i wanna is a auto map drawer robot. At least, it should be able to draw tha map correctly and quickly.

In these 3 days, i have drawn half map of the whole world in MUD i'm playing :(.
So lag!

--------

How to seek a exist room in the map by roomname or roomid ?
I have got a idea, but i feel that it's really a stupid thought.
#var iSeekedNum 0
#var iCurRoomNum 0
#while (%roomname(@iCurRoomNum)!=@sQueryRoomName and @iSeekedNum<=%numrooms()) {
#add iCurRoomNum 1
#if (%len(%roomname(@iCurRoomNum))) {#add iSeekedRoom 1}
}
In another way, once i need to locate a exist room, i have to tautog all the rooms in current zone. Is there a better way?

--------

In my apinion, map in zMUD 5.55 is based on room. Will there be any method to visit and control the links ?

snakevil

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:24 pm   

why nobody reply me ?
:(
help

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: