Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Feanor
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:52 pm   

Directory structure and default files questions

Scenario
I am playing on a MUD where I only have two hours a day. However there is another MUD of the same type that I have unlimited time on. I would like to create my triggers on the unlimited time MUD and use them on the 2hr MUD.

Proposed solution
Since both of these MUDs are the same type (Major BBS's Swords of Chaos) I would like to create an SoC directory and put an SoC.mud file in there for both MUDs.

Are my basic assumptions wrong or if not how do I accomplish this? I tried to do a Save As on my .mud file after creating the new directory, but that didn't work. I got a run time error (which of course I didn't record) but zMUD did not crash. I'm running on Wind98SE so it's not a permissions issue.
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:54 pm   

You need to set the other character to use the same settings file. To do this select the character in the Character Selection screen and click on Edit, go to the Files tab and edit the Primary field to point to the settings file you want to share.

Kjata
Feanor
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 7:57 am   

OK, thanks.

Can I make my SoC directory using Windows and move the settings file into it then point to it? Or do I need to use zMUD to move stuff around?
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 1:22 pm   

Yes, you can do that. You just need to tell zMUD where to find it.

Kjata
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: