Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
srelov

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:00 pm   

Help on Elicense

due to the unlicense feature not working I'm unable to run the license feature on my home pc after I rebuilt my machine upgrading to windows xp. (it would not release my active license so I could put a fresh license on the system after I built it, thus all my license are in use). I had just renewed all my license options shortly before this. I sent feedbag to zuggsoft with no response regarding this directly, as well as sending an email to the license facility with no response. I've installed the 30 day trial but that has expired and I have an unknown amount of time before these 90 day renewal pieces automatically reset. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get zmud to work (I rebuilt all my machines at the same time and now have no way of using zmud which I paid for under the provisions allowed because the unlicense feature has NEVER worked) on my own since elicense and zuggsoft will not respond to my requests for help? Thank you.

Srelov
Talahaski
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:48 pm   

Email elisence again, this time CC: a copy to Zugg.

Zugg is on vacation right now.

CC-ing Zugg on the email to elisence may get them to help you faster, but it's also a good idea so Zugg can keep track of how quick, or how slow, elisence is answering thier Customer Support questions.

Sorry that this does not help you right now, but hopefully elisence will get back to you quickly.

Talahaski
Processor PIII 1000
Memory 265MB
Video NVIDIA 64MB
Windows XP
Zmud Version 6.53
Zmapper Version 1.14

http://www.dartmud.com
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 12:41 pm   

Well, actually, the CC should go to [url="mailto:support@zuggsoft.com"]support@zuggsoft.com[/url], since it is Chiara who is in charge of making sure that eLicense answers everyone promptly.

Do keep in mind that they are currently on vacation, like Talahaski said.

Kjata
Jester980

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:26 pm   

Within 30 days of upgrading to a new Beta version I get the message saying my trial has expired and I need to renew it. My elicense number is stored so it's not a problem, but what I'm worried about is that my credit card is being charged each time?

Can anyone tell me for certain that this is not happening?
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:44 pm   

Nope, that is not happening. Licenses auto-expire every 90 days. This is done so that you do not permanently loose a license in case of hard drive crash or some other similar event that does not let you recover your license. Once a license expires, you see the message that you described, and with two mouse clicks , it is renewed again, but this is the same license as before, thsu no new charges are being made.

Kjata
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: