Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:24 pm   

Quirkiness

This typically has only happened to me with CMUD, but I've been getting it with zMUD more too and I think it may be messing with certain facets of the program. When I startup zMUD, I get two ZMUD.exe tasks in my task manager. If I end either one, they both shutdown and so does the program. This happens without making any connections whatsoever.

Any idea why this may be happening?
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:58 am   

It's the copy protection, there should always be two processes running.
Enchanter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:01 am   

odd, I've had times where I've only seen one, and typically I've only seen two when I'm having issues.

So then the question becomes this. I'm doing mapping with Gemstone 4, which sends the room name in a GSL code. Problem becomes that despite the fact that the sent gsl text is the same, I get times where the value stored by zMUD doesn't seem to catch the end code for the room name. As such, the mapper refuses to assign a name to the room. Now obviously I can do a lot of things manually and with TAGS, but the point of gsl codes is to already have such info available. Any clue why this could be happening? Below is an example of what Gemstone sends for two rooms, the first one it picks up the room name correctly, the second it doesn't.

Code:
GSo

[Wehnimer's, Vesitsa Place]
GSp

Code:
GSo

[Wehnimer's, Bay's Watch East]
GSp
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:12 am   

Just a guess, possibly because the latter has two apostrophes.
Enchanter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:06 pm   

Nice try, but had one that did the same thing with only one apostrophe. I actually think there may be an issue with how Simutronics sends the two codes. On the ones that don't work, it is almost as if it isn't recognizing the GSp at the right time. So, instead of just a room name, it is just pushing straight through and picking up the carraige return and room description and making it a part of the room name. Oddly though, it stlil picks up the room description codes just fine and records those for the room no matter if the room name gets sent right.

I may just have to go TAG the room name.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:52 pm   

Does %gsl(p) get properly filled?
Enchanter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:47 pm   

that is the problem it seems. When I bring up the values list for GSL in the preferences, it seems to have caught the inherent p code wrong in some of the rooms in the way I stated in my last post. I'll make my own trigger to see if it pulls up the same thing there but typically any trigger I make takes the same value for the codes as the ones zMUD picks up.

Here is what I get with %gsl(p):

Code:
[Wehnimer's, Boatyard]
This promontory, formed of rocks and sand partially covered by weathered wooden docks, extends a short distance into the river.  A few workmen hustle to complete their nighttime tasks, repairing and refurbishing the sailing vessels that are moored here.  A refurbished frigate lies at anchor just offshore, awaiting a new cargo as well as a new lease on life.  The sand-covered riverbank beach stretches to the south.  You also see a small stone shrine with a polished ironwood plaque on it, a narrow crack in the ground at the base of the tree and a flowering linden tree.
Obvious paths: south, west
> s

[Wehnimer's, Shanty Town]
Time and tide have not been kind to the dilapidated shacks along this dreary stretch of riverfront beach.  The rotted and weatherbeaten planks, the patched roofs and the mud lanes cast a melancholy pall of neglect here, in contrast to the lively sounds of the river, drifting over from the dark shore that lies directly to the east.  To the north, occasional sounds of sawing and banging emanate from the boatyard.  You also see a broken wooden fence.
Obvious paths: north, south, west
> n

[Wehnimer's, Boatyard]

when it normally just gets a room like this:

Code:
Wehnimer's, Shanty Town

The first one is the bad room name pickup, the second works perfectly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: