Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Scuba82Steve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:09 pm   

In Table-Level Validation Expression

Well this is the new error message that I get when I try to start up ZMUD... "in Table-Level Validation Expression" it doesn't make it to the character screen anymore. This message pops up as I am loading the program. Just wondering if anyone has stumbled across this before.

Thank you
Steve
Ereptor
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:25 pm   

Well I recognise that as error code 3320 in VB, it occurs when you try to save a table that has a field name, control name, or user- defined function in a validation rule or default value. I would suggest
1) completly uninstalling zMud,
2) check your program files to ensure that it erased everything (if not you can always rename the folder and try and import it later).
3) Reboot
4) backup your registry, then run regedit and do a find for zmud and erase all entries. (WARNING! this is a very dangerous technique, regedit is NOT for beginners!)
5) reboot
6) run a regclean (downloadable from Microsoft but no longer supported)
7) reboot
8) reinstall zMud
9) reboot
10) Open zMud and come play on my mud! (I'll be polite and not advertise here, but anyone can always message me off the board!)
There is a fine line between insanity and genious, where do you stand?
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:31 am   

Try renaming the mudlist.mdb and chardb.mdb files, and then start zMud.
Lonnis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:16 pm   

I've followed the above advice, but am still having no changes from the "in table" error. I'm playing on Aetolia. Is that part of the problem?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:25 pm   

Make sure you are using the 7.21 version of zMUD, then rename the mudlist.db and chardb.db files. Note the different extension: 7.21 uses *.DB files while the old versions used *.MDB files. The 7.21 version uses SQLITE for the MUD list and character database and you shouldn't get that error from the new version.

This has nothing to do with what MUD you play and nothing to do with the registry. The advice that Ereptor gave is very dangerous and messing around with the registry can cause your zMUD to stop working.
Lonnis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:33 pm   

I'm using zMUD v7.21. How do I rename Database files? I just started my game yesterday and so I'm not sure if I have a database file listed on my computer.
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:18 pm   

The files Zugg mentioned should be in the directory where you installed zMUD (C:\Program Files\zMUD by default). Just go there, find those two files and change their names to something else. zMUD will recreate those files when it isn't able to find them.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:01 pm   

I changed the names, but the "in table-level validation expression" error box still comes up when I click on the map icon.
Lonnis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:26 pm   

[quote="Lonnis"]I changed the names, but the "in table-level validation expression" error box still comes up when I click on the map icon.[/quote]

Any suggestions on what I should do?
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:40 pm   

It seems that the file that is corrupted then is your map database. Find the file that has the same name as your MUD and ends with .mdb and rename this file. It should be inside a folder with the same name as your MUD inside the zMUD directory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: