Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
zelenik
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 3:11 am   

Script that writes a trigger using a variable to define the trigger name

Hi. I am trying to write a script that writes triggers for me based on certain actions I take in game. The challenge is that the script must name the triggers from values in a variable and assign the action from variable value. For example:

#TR {@Item} {#echo @Spell}

The goal is to create a trigger for special Items that I see in game that echoes certain traits like the spells a scroll casts. I'm sure I'm missing something easy to expand the variable. There may be another way to do this with a database variable, but I couldn't for the life of me figure that one out either.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:33 pm   

Assuming that @item is a list of items, you need an extra set of braces to expand it:

#TR {{@Item}} {#echo @Spell}
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 2:13 pm   

Currently, I am trying to make a trigger from each new items added to a database. Before I pass the item to the database, I store details in variables. @Item holds the name of a single item and @Spell holds details about any spells it can cast. Example:

Item = Purple staff
Spell = Cure light wounds

I want to create a #yesno that will create a trigger looking for Purple staff and echo (cure light wounds)
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 3:22 am   

You will likely need to cobble your question string together with %concat if you want to reference the variables in the question.

Show me your #YESNO command if it is failing; I can't troubleshoot code that isn't there.
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 3:58 am   

Forgive me as this will likely be the least elegant script you have ever seen. My database is effective for storing details about items that I identify. The challenge is in the if statement with the space above and below. That is where I am trying to automate the generation of a trigger. The goal is to create triggers that creates visual tags to remind me about the abilities on certain items, so I can find them easier in containers and storage. If I can get those variables to unpack into the trigger, I can deploy the trigger creation script in many ways. I'll take any other feedback as well about this script. I love the logic piece of writing scripts, but have no formal training.

Code:
identified=%concat(%trim(@identified), " ",  %trim(%line))
   #IF (%trim(%line)=%null) {
   #wait 1000
   #GAGON
      #ECHO %match(@identified,"This is (*), a {tiny|small|medium|large|giant|huge} (%w) (*), weighing approximately (%d) lbs.",ItemName,ItemMaterial,ItemType,ItemWeight)
      #ECHO (%match(@identified,"The pill has (*).  It is",Spells))
      #ECHO (%match(@identified,"The pill has (*). It is",Spells))
      #ECHO (%match(@identified,"The scroll has (*).  It is",Spells))
      #ECHO (%match(@identified,"The scroll has (*). It is",Spells))
      #ECHO (%match(@identified,"The wand holds (*). It is",Spells))
      #ECHO (%match(@identified,"The wand holds (*).  It is",Spells))
      #ECHO (%match(@identified,"The potion has (*). It is",Spells))
      #ECHO (%match(@identified,"The potion has (*).  It is",Spells))
      #ECHO (%match(@identified,"The staff holds (*).  It is",Spells))
      #ECHO (%match(@identified,"The staff holds (*). It is",Spells))
      #ECHO (%match(@identified,"It bears an innate endowment to (%w) (%w) fortitude.",$level1,$direction1)) 
      #IF ($level1 != "") {Attribute1 = %concat($level1," ",$direction1," fortitude, ")}
      #ECHO %match(@identified,"It bears an innate endowment to (%w) (%w) magical protection.",$level2,$direction2)
      #IF ($level2 != "") {Attribute2 = %concat($level2," ",$direction2," magical protection, ")}
      #ECHO %match(@identified,"It bears an innate endowment to (%w) (%w) armor protection.",$level3,$direction3)
      #IF ($level3 != "") {Attribute3 = %concat($level3," ",$direction3," armor protection. ")}
      #ECHO %match(@identified,"It bears an innate endowment to (%w) (%w) charisma.",$level4,$direction4)
      #IF ($level4 != "") {Attribute4 = %concat($level4," ",$direction4," charisma. ")}
      #ECHO %match(@identified,"It bears an innate endowment to (%w) (%w) combat endurance.",$level5,$direction5)
      #IF ($level5 != "") {Attribute5 = %concat($level5," ",$direction5," combat endurance. ")}
      #ECHO %match(@identified,"It bears an innate endowment to (%w) (%w) constitution.",$level6,$direction6)
      #IF ($level6 != "") {Attribute6 = %concat($level6," ",$direction6," constitution. ")}
      #ECHO %match(@identified,"It bears an innate endowment to (%w) (%w) dexterity.",$level7,$direction7)
      #IF ($level7 != "") {Attribute7 = %concat($level7," ",$direction7," dexterity. ")}
      #ECHO %match(@identified,"It bears an innate endowment to (%w) (%w) intelligence.",$level8,$direction8)
      #IF ($level8 != "") {Attribute8 = %concat($level8," ",$direction8," intelligence. ")}
      #ECHO %match(@identified,"It bears an innate endowment to (%w) (%w) magical energy.",$level9,$direction9)
      #IF ($level9 != "") {Attribute9 = %concat($level9," ",$direction9," magical energy. ")}
      #ECHO %match(@identified,"It bears an innate endowment to (%w) (%w) reflex.",$level10,$direction10)
      #IF ($level10 != "") {Attribute10 = %concat($level10," ",$direction10," reflex. ")}
      #ECHO %match(@identified,"It bears an innate endowment to (%w) (%w) strength.",$level11,$direction11)
      #IF ($level11 != "") {Attribute11 = %concat($level11," ",$direction11," strength. ")}
      #ECHO %match(@identified,"It bears an innate endowment to (%w) (%w) travel endurance.",$level12,$direction12) 
      #IF ($level12 != "") {Attribute12 = %concat($level12," ",$direction12," travel endurance. ")}
      #ECHO %match(@identified,"It bears an innate endowment to (%w) (%w) weapon accuracy.",$level13,$direction13)
      #IF ($level13 != "") {Attribute13 = %concat($level13," ",$direction13," weapon accuracy. ")}
      #ECHO %match(@identified,"It bears an innate endowment to (%w) (%w) weapon damage.",$level14,$direction14)
      #IF ($level14 != "") {Attribute14 = %concat($level14," ",$direction14," weapon damage. ")}
      #ECHO %match(@identified,"It bears an innate endowment to (%w) (%w) weapon speed.",$level15,$direction15)
      #IF ($level15 != "") {Attribute15 = %concat($level15," ",$direction15," weapon speed. ")}
      #ECHO %match(@identified,"It bears an innate endowment to (%w) (%w) willpower.",$level16,$direction16)
      #IF ($level16 != "") {Attribute16 = %concat($level16," ",$direction16," willpower. ")}
      #ECHO %match(@identified,"It bears an innate endowment to (%w) (%w) wisdom.",$level17,$direction17)
      #IF ($level17 != "") {Attribute17 = %concat($level17," ",$direction17," wisdom. ")}
      #ECHO %match(@identified,"It bears an innate endowment to (%w) (%w) magical resistance.",$level18,$direction18) 
      #IF ($level18 != "") {Attribute18 = %concat($level18," ",$direction18," magical resistance.")}
      Attributes= %concat(@Attribute1,@Attribute2,@Attribute3,@Attribute4,@Attribute5,@Attribute6,@Attribute7,@Attribute8,@Attribute9,@Attribute10,@Attribute11,@Attribute12,@Attribute13,@Attribute14,@Attribute15,@Attribute16,@Attribute17,@Attribute18)
      #DBLoad Items
      #IF (%match(@identified,"You failed.") or %match @ItemName=%null) {} {
      #IF (%find(@ItemName,Items,Name) != %null) {} {
      #NEW Items Name=@ItemName Material=@ItemMaterial Type=@ItemType Attribute=@Attributes Spells=@Spells Identified=@identified

#IF (@Spells != "") {#YESNO "Do you want to create reminder text for this item?" {#TRIGGER {%concat(@ItemName)} {#ECHO %concat(@Spells)} "SpellItems"}
       {}} {}     

#DBSAVE Items
      #SHOW %find(@ItemName,Items,Name)
      }}
      #ECHO %match(@identified,"It bears an (*).",&enhancement1)
      #IF (@enhancement1 != "") {#YESNO "Would you like to say the endowments?" {#SEND Say It bears an @enhancement1.} {} }
      #IF (@Spells != "") {#YESNO "Would you like to say the Spells?" {#SEND Say It has @Spells.} {}}
      #GAGOFF
      #SHOW Bingo!

} {#STATE 1}
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 11:20 am   

you want this:

#YESNO "Do you want to create reminder text for this item?" {#EXEC %concat("#TRIGGER {", @ItemName, "} {#ECHO ", @Spells, "} {SpellItems}")}
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 2:31 am   

Thank you, sir. This works great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: